The visit to the eye dr. yesterday was very…extensive!
After a battery of some of the most uncomfortable tests in the world, I have been diagnosed w/corneal infection. The good news is that it can be treated with prescription eye drops (4x a day)! The not so good thing is that they HURT (I’d much rather get my ears pierced then put these drops in!!) and I have to wear my glasses until it heals.
Don't you just love the little package insert that comes in your med prescriptions? They seem so benign and unintimidating...until you start reading them! It's all Greek to me...
I go back next week for him to check on them and hopefully all will be well. I can already tell a huge difference in that the redness is gone and it doesn’t hurt quite so bad!
Here are some of my favorite comments from some of my favorite people:
Jen: Well sweetie, hope you get lots of rest (while looking super cute in your glasses!) I'll be praying that the drops will be less and less painful and the infections subsides and that you're back to your normal contact wearing self soon! I'm so glad you went to see a doctor!
Pat: You are better than me. Barry laughs at me every time I try to put eye drops in because my eyes automatically close and won't come open. I'm glad you got to the doctor and didn't wait any longer.
Amy: But if you had an amputation, you could wear a patch. That would be cool!
Christin: I was thinking that if you had an infection, you may want to get rid of your mascara and eyeliner, as it likely has been transferred onto those. Also, you may want to change the little thingy in your eyelash curler and make sure to disinfect the metal part real good. Otherwise, you will just keep giving yourself the infection over and over. What do you think? I may be crazy! ;)
Blythe: Hope you feel muy better soon, so glad you got it checked out and are already feeling better!!!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL. Love the eye patch idea. You could get little colored jems and it could be pink or something!
wow, I just left a comment but it got deleted. Strange! I guess you could have a pink eye patch or colored little jems or something on it. Too cute.
Post a Comment