Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Moving...not fun....but FUNNY!

Friday and Saturday were big moving days for me! My movers who were supposed to show up btn 8am - 9am acutally showed up at 12 noon!

Things went very well for the most part - the guys did a wonderful job and really took great care of all my stuff. I feel pretty good about all my planning and packing!

Some mildly amusing observances during the process:

When packing, make sure to remove ALL items from dresser drawers that you don't want moving men to see! :)

While over-sized couches might be tricky to get through an odd door opening, keep trying - it beats the alternative: hoisting it over a balcony.

Be kind to your movers. In addition to tipping them well, I'd recommend buying your movers lunch - they work really hard and are usually treated very badly. But they can be so much fun if you take the time to get to know them - which means less stress overall!

If someone drives across the state of Texas to help move your highly fragile items, connect your dryer, assemble a desk, and listen while you complain that you can't move another thing b/c your arm hurts (really bad) - thank him...and buy his lunch...and dinner...

Every community has it's own set "unique" individuals - my new home has a gawker on the 2nd floor...think a black Justin Timberlake. Therefore, I'm inviting every guy I know over for dinner over the course of the next few months...Wednesdays are typically open! :)

:)

No comments: