Sunday, October 15, 2006

AWAKE

This is a blog I wrote several weeks ago that I’m only just now posting…

What a random day!

Was at work early for a meeting and then left to go home due to a sore throat and sinus headache. After sleeping all afternoon long, I was feeling well enough to meet up with a friend for dinner. Unfortunately, she didn’t feel well so we had to cut our time short. Not wanting to go home right away, I stopped by a nearby Linens & Things store. My mission: to spend exactly $43.23 (the amount left on an old gift card). I wandered around the store perusing my options but nothing really caught my eye. I ultimately settled on some new bath mats and a shower organizer. A quick detour through the seasonal merchandise and I’m off to the check outs. Before I get there, I met a guy in the aisle and as he passed he smiled and said “What pretty eyes!”. I smiled, said thank you and kept walking (blushing…and walking). It was a kind compliment – it wasn’t a “What’s your number” kind of deal. He didn’t try to force his way into my life…just a kind gesture. It brought a smile to my face especially since I’d not felt well all day… oh, and my total was $43.27…I poured out 4 pennies, gathered my purchases and went home.

Around 2a.m., I was still not tired (again, since having slept all afternoon), so I opted to do a bit of spring cleaning (in the fall). So I find this mysterious product sample in a box under my bathroom sink… I pull out said mystery product for a closer inspection. It was then that I realize that it was something I’d picked up in Japan several years ago. The packaging didn’t really give an indication about the product in contained since most of the wording was in Japanese. The only 5 words in English were “AWAKE: vital express lotion serum”. Still, I had no clue what this product could be. Is it a facial lotion? Eye cream? Hand lotion? Still trying to draw clues from the packaging, I study the picture for a bit. I’m still puzzled – it looks like a hair follicle to me! I opt not to put this on my face until I get a chance to research it online. After all, I don’t want to apply something that could cause me to grow a beard or something! Incidentally, I got a chance to research – it’s a high-end face cream. Oh, and the picture I thought was a hair follicle? It is a “delicate fern unfolding” Uh huh. Here’s the site: http://www.awakecosmetics.com/toc.htm Everyone should try this marvelous product! (wink)

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it extremely hilarious that I'm writing a blog about a product called AWAKE at 3 in the morning...

No comments: