…then get my ears pierced.
Yes, it’s true. I’m in my late 20s and don’t have my ears pierced. So far, this hasn’t seemed to adversely impact me in any way that I’m aware of… Most people don’t even notice. And others, if they do happen to notice, just might inquire about why I don’t have them pierced and then comment that I’m the only female they know who doesn’t have her ears pierced.
It’s only my really close girlfriends, however, who really seem to have an issue with this. My closest girl pals all (independently) at some point in time have attempted to remedy this “problem”. Now, before you get these strange mental images of my girlfriends trying to wrestle me to the ground and forcibly pierce my ears, let me clarify. It always starts off rather nonchalantly…a little “Everyone has they’re ears pierced – even little girls.” Or “You know you want to get your ears pierced – do something crazy” or “You just finished grad school – you deserve to get your ears pierced” (incidentally, I opted to experiment with highlights for the first time but that’s a whole other story). Then it progresses to the inevitable “I just bought these great earrings for you – now we just need to go get your ears pierced” or I’ve been threatened with little messages that say “I’d rather have my ears pierced…then be at work.”
I must say that it’s all a little amusing to me. I marvel at the preoccupation and interesting strategies and tactics that my clever gal pals devise…
:)
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment