Above, for your viewing pleasure, is a picture of the dance floor on board the Pride of Aloha. On this very deck, I nearly claimed the dance-off competition championship title!!!
It went down like this:
As we set sail from
The rules were as such: the music starts and you are to start off with the electric slide but then you are supposed to free-style it and the most “unique” dancers will be rewarded with the opportunity to advance to round 2.
So the music starts and we’re off! It was hysterical!!!!! I tried so hard to concentrate on my moves but most of the time I just found myself laughing at the other contestants! It was a riot for sure.
Fortunately, I was selected to move on to round 2. Our group of 30 was cut to 12. Now here’s where the contest got “interesting”. Same music, same rules, but now all round 2 contestants would be blind folded! AH! Fortunately the cruise staff was on hand to make sure we didn’t dance into one another.
Well, I wish I could say that I won the contest, but alas, I made it only to the top 3 before I was “out”. After removing my blind fold I got to enjoy the end of the competition. There’s no way I could have won that contest – the remaining 2 contestants were really something. They were “driving the bus”, “riding the pony” and doing the “confused alligator” (a move that consisted of the woman getting down on all fours and…well it wasn’t very flattering). They were quite uninhibited – I didn’t stand a chance. In fact, I’m so surprised I fared as well as I did!
The unfortunate thing about my participation (aside from being videotaped and photographed) was the fact that many people recognized me and approached me on a daily basis… “Hey, you’re April from
Yipppieee: My Coconut Palm Tree is due to arrive tomorrow! I bought it on
Blasted: It's cold here! And I have tons of laundry to do! Summer-wear from last week, sweaters for this week and summer wear for next week. Lots o laundry.

1 comment:
I noticed you didn't share which moves you did! (?)
Post a Comment