Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hi...it's me...9 months later

A thousand apologies!! So much has happened in these past 9 months. I look back and just think "wow".

I was digging through my old emails and found a good one from my very first week at my new job.
Context: I spent my first week shadowing my supervisor. We spent many hours in car and probably drove a million miles together that first week visiting different facilities in Central TN and Northern MS. It was such a great experience! I learned so much. He drafted this email recapping my first week and sent it to several colleagues (including our boss).
- Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to let you know how April is doing on her first week:

Monday
* Called in late on her first day b/c she supposedly had a leaking water heater. (my water heater had leaked and had threatened to damage all my things in storage. The carpet was soaked and did I mention that I had to take a cold shower that morning?...)
* Asked for directions from the office to the main hospital. (Ummm...the hospital is right across the street from our office)

Tuesday
* On our drive to Union City, TN, she asks if we can stop at a produce stand to get her picture taken. (I had never in my life purchased any type of produce or any other type of outdoors-thing from a road-side produce stand. What did I purchase? 2 Ripley tomatoes. It was a proud moment.)

Wednesday
* Outside of Huntingdon, TN, she wants to stop at an Amish bakery, where she now questions herself if she offended the Amish workers. (Among my mental list of offenses were the following: I was wearing a skirt, I may have said the word "Gosh" which is a prohibited word as per their posted sign, I was talking with the man about his business which may have been grossly inappropriate and possibly construed as flirting, etc)

Thursday
* Attends her inaugural visit to the Byhalia Gas Mart for breakfast. However, she keeps asking for things they don’t have. I have to explain to her that if you don’t see it, they don’t have it. (Look, if you don't have hasbrowns, then please remove the word "hashbrowns" and the yummy looking photo of hashbrowns from your sign. To fail to do so is at best teasing, and at worst just cruel!)
* Asks if the fire watching tower for park rangers is a deer stand. (I wasn't being serious. Really...)
* Has to go to the ER in New Albany b/c her neighbor’s dog bit her the night before on the leg. (2 weeks, several antibiotics and $180 later, my leg was fine.)

What will happen on Friday???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was just my FIRST week! And every week since this time seems to have been just as action packed!!

No comments: