I just love it when couples try to introduce personal touches into their wedding ceremony or reception. There are limitless ways, now-a-days, for couples to infuse their personality into their wedding.
Some of my favorite accoutrements of the 2008 weddings I've attended include: pre-recorded messages from the couple's parents during the ceremony (this was done at my cousin's wedding and it was just lovely. It was a good thing these were pre-recorded as I doubt that her parents could have spoken those touching words during the actual ceremony without choking back tears!). Photographs of the couple placed at the guest book table as well as at the reception (this was done at Blythe's wedding and I thought the photos were stunning. Also worth mentioning was the scripture-reading during the ceremony - very touching). In fact, just tonight, I was listening to a girlfriend reveal some of the intimate details of her upcoming nuptials - the sharing of Communion with all who are in attendance. It was very moving just to have her share her heart and vision on this beautiful and reverent addition to her ceremony and I am very much looking forward to supporting her & her soon-to-be husband and participate in the observation and remembrance of our Lord on her special day!
In addition to all these elements, other noteworthy items I've observed weddings past include: personalized wedding favors, personalized slideshows, wedding videos, songs, vows, gifts, cake toppers, decorations, groom's cakes, etc.
As I was pondering on the significance of personalization, and all that it means, one example stood out in my mind. To me, this evidence of personalization is so sensational, so spectacular, so incredible that, when compared to anything I've ever observed, it, quite literally, takes the cake........
Really, there are no words...

2 comments:
Oh my! Isn't that demented to cut into "yourself" and eat???
wow...i forwarded your link to my friend Niki, she might reconsider her cake order...
LOL!
B :-)
Post a Comment