Tuesday, August 05, 2008

This is what good news looks like :)

Friends & family: I can't begin to express how excited I am about writing this blog post...

I am rejoicing today for one of my most treasured friend's wife. She, by extension, is of course very near and dear to my heart as well and she has just published her very first book!

About our history::
Tracy & Rhonda have been an integral part of my life since 2001. When I first met Tracy, I knew that this man would have a profound impact on my life. We've had some fun (and usually very funny!) experiences working together and some extreme challenges we've battled through together. He's seen the good, the bad and the ugly and has shaped much of who I am today as a professional and, more importantly, as a child of God. Of all the roles in which I've known Tracy (supervisor, mentor, role model, etc), my favorite is his role as my friend. I am so proud to know him as my friend who, with kindness, gentleness and respect always points me back to our Lord & Savior in all things. When I first met Rhonda, I was impressed with her quiet, gentle spirit. But oh my friend, please don't confuse this with shyness at all! She posseses an extraordinary "quiet strength" about her. She is an amazing woman of God and a role model for women who yearn to be more godly in their homes, careers, families and friendships. Never have I talked with her that she fails to give me an encouraging word from the Lord; she exemplifies what it means to adore the Word of God. I know that, even when we go for periods of time without talking, she is praying for my life.

About the book::
How exciting that Rhonda has condensed a collection of scripture & prayers into one book! Since I have not yet read the book (I ordered my copy online last weekend - hopefully it will arrive soon!), I am not yet qualified to speak on all that is in the book.
But here is what I do know:
About the author::
To learn more about Rhonda and her inspiration.

I am looking forward to reading my copy as soon as it arrives. And you can be sure that I'll devote a blog or two to the review of the book. I know that you will get something out of this book; it is full of God's word.

No comments: