This will be a brief post - I'm finishing up my work commitments right now so I can hit the road. Today, I am traveling to Nashville to attend new graduate student orientation. I think most everyone who reads my blog with any degree of frequency knows that this huge step has been in the works for many months now.It has taken lots of energy and activity over this past year: corresponding, studying, GRE-taking, applying, etc, but finally the day has come to take huge step of faith and start the program of rigorous study. For the most part, things will not change. I've spent the past year learning how to juggle the additional responsibility of a challenging new professional postion and living life in a new city/state. Fortunately, the new program of studies shouldn't imact my work and career goals at all. I'll still work full-time and commute to Nashville on the weekends (6 weekends total during the fall semester).
It is a sentimental day for me - stepping onto the very same campus where my great-grandfather completed his medical degree over 100 years ago! And, at the same time, a somber day as well - knowing that, in a few short weeks, I'll definitely be stepping out of my comfort zone! I'm definitely open for suggestions on how to calm pre-orientation jitters. :)

1 comment:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you! Can't wait to hear more about it! As far as pre-orientation jitters, maybe wearing a t shirt that will break the ice... something like.."Pull my finger".. might put everyone at ease. You'll be sure to be the coolest cat in the room! Love ya! :-p
Post a Comment