Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ooops!

Isn't that what you're supposed to say when you have an accident?

Well, last night I was in a car accident... :(

While driving to Wal-Mart (yes, on a Saturday night - sounds lame but I was trying to avoid Christmas shoppers!) I was rear-ended. It was pretty surreal. I was leaving a voicemail message for a friend and I looked in my rearview mirror in time to see another car approaching very fast! I gasped and braced for impact. I was so scared that I would hit the car in front of me as a result, and become a sandwich, but thankfully that didn't happen. (I'm not sure how that didn't happen but I am so thankful!).

My back bumper looks like it's about to fall off. The trunk, as far as I can tell, works fine. The other driver's beautiful Maxima was much worse - the whole front was mashed in!

There is a certain strangeness post-accident...I went on to Wal-Mart to do my shopping but I was totally addled and a little bit disoriented and had a pretty bad headache. Christin ended up calling me back (apparently the entire accident was recorded on her voicemail...um....yeah...please delete that!).

Anyways, I am OK, the car is drivable and I have an 8:30 appointment with an adjuster tomorrow morning.

Be Careful Out There!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart!!!!! I am so glad you are okay! Love ya! Blanche :-)

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart!!!!! I am so glad you are okay! Love ya! Blanche :-)