Here's an email I pounded out as soon as I saw the news. Am I out of line here? So frustrated. :(
Subject: Website issues
From: "M(privacy, please), April Lynn"
Date: Tue, July 28, 2009 5:45 pm
To: sen.paul.stanley@capitol.tn.gov
You may want to update the website (http://www.paulstanley.org/) - the words "Honorable" "Conservative" and "Reliable" continue to roll across the top. They seem so empty and ironic now - perfect for late night comedy fodder.
Sad to hear the news today (that you joined the ranks of other recent Rep Scandals). Sad that conservative Republicans are giving up more and more voice and influence in this hurting country at such a crucial time. The Dems are rejoicing, I'm sure.
Sad that the message of the "sanctity of marriage" is being thrown by the wayside by those who speak out to protect it. The homosexual community is rejoicing right now. So are the enemies of our Christian faith.
I don't understand how or why this happens. It seems like men would be kept on the straight-and-narrow by their faith (which you & the others profess to have) or just by watching your colleagues be "outed" on the news, daily, for the same type of scandal.
I know I won't get any kind of response to this email...and it may not even be read. But I couldn't help but to send it.
Praying for your beautiful family.
April

2 comments:
wow, thank you for being bold and sending that email. My sentiments exactly! b
wow, thank you for being bold and sending that email. My sentiments exactly! b
Post a Comment