That's what the search results page returns when you try to Google "ettiquette".
That's just par for the course : )
Let me tell you a story of how NOT to pick out and send wedding gifts across state lines.
It all started out benign enough - I stopped by the nearest Bed, Bath & Beyond store I could find, dutifully requested the wedding registry list and then proceeded to the kitchen section of the store. This will be so easy, I thought.
LOL.
Let's just say that I got quite the domestic education over there in housewares. There were things that left me scratching my head in amazement.
The next day, during lunch, I stopped at the USPS to ship my things.
I asked the guy at the counter to help me pack my purchases and get them Dallas-bound.
While I was filling out the address info on the shipping label, he kindly found the appropriate sized box and, by the time I finished filling out the label, he'd already packed everything up!...without enclosing my handwritten card...or the nice little foam peanuts. I really think that my package was shipped with just some random things in a BB&B plastic bag...with no filler...and no card. I'm pretty sure that violates at least 3 different rules of gifting etiquette!
Rather than having him re-do (there was, of course, a huge line by now), I just mailed the card separately and emailed the bride-to-be to let her know that the unidentified box-o-stuff heading her way was from me.
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment