"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."
- Kahlil Gibran
Sorry to have been so quiet.
Things have been...rough.
It would seem as though I am being tested.
And I surely hope that I am getting at least a passing grade.
Several relationships (school, work and personal mainly) are a bit off-kilter right now...let me tell you, it's been drama city here lately. And I won't even get into what my attitude has been towards these situations. I know I should not be ungrateful to these teachers; I am learning so much. But, it has been painful and stressful.
As much as I love the quote at the top of this posting, a couple of modifications should be made in the interest of accuracy. Here is how I might say this quote, were it mine:
"I have learned silence from those who are talkative, tolerance from those who have displayed intolerance, and kindness from those who have demonstrated unkindness; I should not be ungrateful to those teachers."
There, that's much better. Many of the individuals I am currently at odds with are truly wonderful people...and they happen to be operating in the flesh at the moment. Who hasn't? I wonder what their quote would include if they thought about their recent encounters with me?
Nevermind, I know what it would be.
"I have learned patience from those who have shown impatience."
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment