Have you ever just been somewhere or seen someone and suddenly thought “I need to pray for this person?”
Now, I’m not talking about our family, friends and loved ones who cross our mind during the normal course of the day. I’m talking about complete strangers. 100% random, unknown people.
This happened to me while driving in to work this morning. I was sitting behind a police car (best place to be…as opposed to in front of one) at a stop light. While I was sitting there, just observing, I really felt a strong burden to pray for the 2 officers in the car. And so I did, and have, all morning long.
There’s something strangely impacting about praying for the professional, personal, and spiritual lives of people who I’ll never meet and probably never see again in my lifetime. What is the impact of my heartfelt prayers this morning? What cares or burdens may have been healed or lifted because I took several hours to lift up these brothers before our Father? What blessings might they encounter today, tomorrow, next week or next year? I may never know…this side of heaven.
So, here’s to you – you 2 random officers of the law in our fair city! I hope you have a fantastic blessing-filled day today. And when you clock off the job tonight and head home to the real business of life, I pray that you’ll have peace, joy and unsurpassed favor and comfort.
If you get a moment, you also might want to lift up the 2 officers in car 7128 (or was it 2148?) today! And who knows, maybe someone saw you this morning on the way in to work and said a quick prayer…
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Post a Comment