Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good Friday

With all the crazy weather to write about, I thought it would be nice to blog about something I actually enjoyed!

Our family's tradition is to get together on Good Friday and go to Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, AR to watch some good old fashioned horse racing. I love this sport! The Park, itself is over 100 years old and is a must see for anyone's who has not been.

Its not that it is grand or fancy, just the ambiance of the experience is so much fun...even better that it is part of our family's tradition. The familiar sights, sounds, smells and foods are all awesome!

Here are some pics from our 2007 trip!

View from our seats - looking out towards the infield.

Placed our bets!
The thrill of victory!!!
The agony of defeat....
Pretty ponies!


The next day, we went up Summit Drive and the views of the city were Breathtaking!


Fun memories!

No comments: