Crazy out-of-control springtime Texas weather!
Apparently, Texas could be part of tornado alley!
Here's how this evening went down:
Met someone for an early dinner in Uptown. We met at 3pm and when we were leaving at nearly 7pm, we overheard some of the wait-staff talking about, "its supposed to be here in 10minutes." We thought it somewhat odd - what is "it"? The weather had been sunny, we had missed the afternoon showers that were originally predicted...
Got out to the cars and parted ways. I noticed I'd missed a call...so I returned that call. Was maybe 1 minute in to that call when another call came in...and then another...warning of the impending tornadic activity in the area. Warning sirens were blaring and that's when I noticed the black swirling ominous looking cloud overhead. Immediately, I turned the car back and headed towards Uptown to seek out shelter. I had to end my calls when the rain/wind/hail got so loud that I couldn't hear.
I got back to our office building and scanned my way into the underground parking garage. Our concierge informed me that he'd evacuated the floors and had instructed everyone to go 1 level below ground. I did the same. He said if it got much worse, that he would join us and we'd move several more levels underground. Not being able to get a full cell signal, and concerned that Mom & Dad would be worried, I sent a text out requesting that someone call them and let them know I was safe.
Things were fine. Fortunately, that section of the metro-plex didn't get hit hard. I was on my way home at around 8pm.
Other areas weren't quite as fortunate. The full extent of the damage probably won't be known for several more days. The word on some of the radio stations is reporting overturned tractor trailers and severed debris in roads and damaged property. Please keep those folks in your prayers.
I'm sitting at home a little unnerved now!

No comments:
Post a Comment