Thursday, February 01, 2007

If I were a Superhero, My Secret Superpower Would Be…

…a three-way tie between: Laughing, Ghetto Cell Phone or an Active Imagination.

I went to the DFW airport on Sunday to pick Julie up from her week-long trip to Chicago. I made sure to leave in plenty of time and the traffic was so light on a Sunday afternoon that I had plenty of time to spare so I indulged in one of my most favorite things: people-watching.

And, oh, what a glorious line-up!

First, the Latin couple delivered to the terminal via black Lincoln town car. They jumped out sporting lots of brown…and tweed. She had the big sunglasses, manicured finger nails, and black leather jacket. He had a sport coat, and sunglasses. Their group shuffled out to unload their bags from the trunk. By all accounts, mafia material. I’m sure they were on their way to Lima or someplace similar to “unwind” from a busy lifestyle of shady activities.

Then there was the guy in khakis with a sport coat, glasses and a beard. A little thin; he looked uncomfortable to be in the coat. Archeologist, no doubt. And the man in the suit accompanying him was his wealthy donor.

The lady in the red with jeans and black high-heeled boots with an unidentified book under her arm…walking in a hurry…on her way to Arizona to visit grandkids.

The two ladies who pulled up, unloaded luggage and hugged before parting ways? Definitely sisters who had been feuding for years but had recently made up and were celebrating “Christmas” together in January to accommodate their busy schedules.

The guy walking fast in a NorthFace coat, with a shaved head, beard and backpack. Obviously on the way to “Survivor” tryouts…


How I miss traveling already!

No comments: