Tuesday, November 03, 2009

How far does your grace extend?

I'm learning that mine apparently extends to:

People who cross the street at properly marked crosswalks....
...but not to those who walk at a diagonal; which means they are actually in the road longer

People who pull out in front of me...
...but not if they are on a cell phone or eating or are smoking

People who are lost/confused in a parking garage...
...but not if they are repositioning their chihuahua, or are driving in the very middle

People who are passionate about their point of view...
...but not if they interrupt, shout or are disrespectful of others

People who desire blessing and success...
...but not to those who resent the blessings and success of others

And can I just say that I am so thankful that Christ's love and grace extends to me, even when I fall short and end up in one of the latter categories above?

APPLYING ALL DILIGENCE, in your faith supply goodness, and in your goodness knowledge, and in your knowledge self-control, and in your self-control perseverance, and in your perseverance godliness, and in your godliness kindness, and in your kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:5-9)

Special thanks to my friend Leslie for sharing this verse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great word!!!