Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Do they have playlists for that?

People now-a-days have playlists for everything:

Running
Warming up
Working out
Cooling down
Being romantic
Studying for a test

What I want to know is this:
What should my playlist include for my upcoming appointment for Laser Hair Removal treatment #6???????

My journey with LHR began almost a year ago - back when the settings were calibrated to ultra-low and I thought, "Wow, there's really nothing to this!" Then I progressed to using copious amounts of 4% topical numbing cream. Then to 6% numbing cream. Last visit I was giving some serious thought to purchasing the biggest bottle of hard liquor I could find...which is pretty astounding considering that I Don't Even Drink...

This time I'm going to try something a little different: 6% topical numbing cream, 2 extra-stength tylenol (which I've been told doesn't really help for pain on top of the skin since it is absorbed and directed to more internal pain areas) and my little IPod for...ummm...distraction.

But what is best in this situation?

Soothing, calming tunes?
Get-up-and-dance tunes?

I'm at a complete loss...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say, play a little Harry Belafonte or Harry Connick Jr....