Hanging with the Dalai Lama will not get you votes in the upcoming election! Around mid-morning on Tuesday, this unusual photo arrived in my email inbox. It's of the Shelby County mayor AC Wharton, the interim mayor of Memphis (yes, we have a city & a county mayor - it's different, I know) fist-bumping the Dalai Lama on the banks of the MS River. Best quote of the morning belongs to the interim mayor (to the Dalai Lama), "Hello, Dalai". Nice.

I'm excited to get this weekend kicked off! Tonight I'm meeting some amazing friends for dinner at Vinegar Jims in Arlington, TN. How cute is this place?! I can't wait to indulge in some of their fried pie! I'm thinking...apple? Sounds yummy!
Tomorrow morning, at 6AM (!!!), I'll be volunteering with the American Liver Foundation's Liver Life Walk. Sounds great...except the 6am part.
Sunday I hope to find someone who'll go with me to the mid-south fair. Martina McBride in concert, y'all! Not as Texas-sized as the State Fair of Texas which opened today, but surely fried-food goodness and fun will be aplenty.
Hope everyone has the most amazing weekend,
xo,
A

No comments:
Post a Comment