See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
How thankful I am that our Lord is so big that He is actually using this terrible economic time to bring glory to Himself!!! (talk about turning a sow's ear into a silk purse!)
A friend from college recently told me about the amazing things that were going on at his church in Little Rock, The Summit Church - have you ever in your life heard of a reverse offering?
Today I took my car into the shop today for some very costly repairs, (for which I am grateful that I don't have to choose between getting my car repaired or paying for food)...and in recounting all this to my folks on the phone, low & behold they open up their Ark Baptist Monthly Newsletter to discover a full spread on the Summit's reverse offering.
Then, I discover that a local church in my area has been doing the very same thing!
So I immediately emailed the pastor of this local congregation:
From: April M
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:27 PM
To: 'jross@sycamoreview.org'
Subject: Day of Jubilee
Hi Pastor Ross –
I’ve never attended your church (in fact, I work for the Southern Baptist Convention so please don’t hit “delete”) : ) but wanted to know if you were planning a Day of Jubilee 2…and if so, how I might get involved financially. Times are really tough right now & there are many of us who are able and more than willing to help others in Christ.
Blessed to be a blessing!
April
(Blythe, I threw in that closing just for you - thought you might enjoy...lol)
Now, you all know that I'm all about action. ACTION, people! And now that I'm thinking about all this, I bet if you emailed some folks at your local church, this just might catch on. And if it does man-oh-man, watch out! Talk about igniting this country for Christ!

1 comment:
That is AHMAZING!!!!! How encouraging is that?!!!
Finding Streams in the Desert,
B
Post a Comment