Weather. Why, it feels just like I'm living in the Pacific Northwest. We had only 2 weeks of sweet southern summertime this year!
Ants. When I got home yesterday, I discovered ants - scores of them! I filled out an online service request yesterday afternoon and I just got home for lunch to check the progress...they're still here. So I called the office & left a message, "Hi, this is April and I have a major ant emergency...and I'm not talking about the kind that shows up on your doorstep with some brownies and Bible verses when you're having a bad day. Please call me & let me know when someone will take care of this." Don't you hate that "ants" is a word that is more easily distinguishable in written form?
Random run-ins. Leaving my office for lunch, I ran in to the owner of this place. Again. The last time I ran into him was sometime last year...and he informed me that I was a very pretty woman and that his restaurant could use plenty of my "talent". I had no idea what he was talking about and assumed that his restaurant was a gentlemen's club of some sort and I had just received my very first proposition. Wow. Someone later explained that this was a compliment-of-sorts and not a proposition. There are days I still wonder... Anyways, so I ran in to him again in the parking garage where he promptly told me that I was "exquisite" and like "poetry in motion" and asked if I had lunch plans...and if not, would I like to have lunch at the Peabody Hotel. {Ok, let me stop right here and say that I was wearing a pony tail and my glasses people! - b/c of the above mentioned complaint # 1 - It's not like I was really dressed up or anything! Besides, those are the kinds of compliments typically reserved for young wispy blondes!}. I explained to him that I had actually met him before, had lunch plans already {with my "aunts" he he he} and that I appreciated his compliments. He then kissed my hand, gave me his card, and let me know how much he hopes to run into me again.
You thought I was joking, didn't you? Nope. I took this photo to prove just how not-dressed-up I am (hence the amused smirk). Look closely, and you might be able to see some ants over my left shoulder! Yay for no gray hair yet!!! : )

1 comment:
This is seriously funny; hence Iam wondering wher this gentleman's mind was?
Post a Comment