Monday, August 03, 2009

He Said What? They Said What? She's Wearing What? A Great Saying...

I was listening to KIX 106 this morning while getting ready for work - the topic for discussion was "cheating". Specifically, how a woman can know if she's dating a married man. I'd like to think that most of us ladies could discern that. The morning's conversation took a turn for the slightly more unusual when a caller mentioned a recent interview with the Desoto County School Superintendent. I've included the video below. You'll want to pay particular attention to:

2:40 - I've never heard the word "temperature" pronounced that way before.
2:50 - If you are running a fever, you should get a shot for what?! VD?! Say it ain't so! :P




This past weekend, I spent some time sorting through mail I've been neglecting (bills have already been taken care of) when I noticed a pattern... and quickly concluded that I'm being stalked and spammed by the NRA. No kidding. I get about half a dozen advocacy emails each week and a member magazine every few weeks. One thing did catch my attention, however: The NRA apparently has a program partnership which allows members to get great research and discount information on new and used cars. You can view/access this information here: www.nra.org/autos It's good! I will definitely utilize this resource next time I am shopping for a car.

Tonight I am watching Sugarland in concert on ABC. After about 20 minutes, I realize that Jennifer Nettles is the most amazing woman ever. She'll be 35 this year and is totally rocking out to a sold-out crowd. Wow. I'm a little perplexed by her choice of wardrobe, however - red tights, thigh-high black boots, a white T-shirt/wife beater hybrid top and a black sequined vest. Huh? She totally pulls it off though!

Finally, here's a great quote - "Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God" - Jim Elliot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A venereal shot? Dude?! LOL! I particularly liked how he said, "We's on a tight schedule." and how he contiously said SKOOLS.... interesting pronunciation dude! HAAAA HAAA!
Yay for all your new blog posts!
:-) B