Thursday, August 06, 2009

My parents would have a flawless driving record if it weren't for me.

These are my wonderful parents (on the far right & far left).


This photo was taken the night before graduation at Baylor. The Graduate Business School had hosted a more intimate ceremony the night before and my parents drove all the way to Waco to attend. They were so proud and I was so thrilled. I'm in the middle and the Assistant Dean (and my sweet and precious friend) is standing next to me in the middle also. I had specifically requested to have her drape my hood on me at the hooding ceremony. (Did I say that right?!) This photo always makes me laugh a little bit because of the way we are all (completely inadvertantly) lined up under the lighted peaks of a building in the Quadrangle. It looks like we're all wearing dunce caps - and I'm the biggest dunce of all! HAHAH!


ANYWAYS.


It all started when I was a little girl in kindergarten. I climbed in my parents car, managed to bump it into neutral and rolled it right back into a light pole.

We won't even discuss the years I drove a Camaro through college. I don't want to be tied to this laptop all night.

Then there was the time that my folks came to visit me when I lived in Dallas & I took them downtown to see the sights and explore Dealy Plaza. We returned to the car to find a parking ticket. To hear my Dad tell this story is the funniest thing ever, but it does involve words I can't repeat.

Then, 2 years ago, I was driving my folks back home (because I get very motion-sick when my Dad drives) from a family holiday get-together and drove through the top of a pine tree that had fallen across the highway. Their brand new Impala looked very ghetto after that incident.


AND NOW

2 days ago, Dad called to inform me that they'd received a traffic citation in the mail from the city of Germantown. I vaguely remember running that red light when they were in town a couple of weekends ago...

No comments: